A calming support formula recommended for dogs exposed to increased environmental stressors. When dogs cannot adapt to stress, it can lead to anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity, frayed nerves, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, trembling or shivering and destructive or aggressive behavior. CALMING is for dogs exhibiting nervousness, hyperactivity, anxiety or responding to environmentally induced stress. It’s an advanced formula that contains a combination of nutritional factors not found in other calming formulas that supports balanced behavior. It can be used daily or just when extra help to relax is needed.
• When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, and destructive or aggressive behavior. Calming for Cats and Dogs help you to manage behavioral problems in pets without affecting your animal’s emotional balance and personality. It contains a combination of ingredients not found in other calming formulas, which help reduce behavior problems associated with stressful situations.
• It combines a Colostrum Calming Complex from milk protein hydrolysate with L-Theanine, Thiamine (B1), and Lecithin (from soy) which all address stress management and calming.
• The Colostrum Calming Complex is known for its calming effects, and it works synergistically with the L-Theanine in this formula. L-Theanine acts to improve the release of neurotransmitters in the brain and the Colostrum Calming Complex affects the receptors in the calming response.
• L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation, reduces irritability and low mood states. We use the Suntheanine® brand which has extensive research and documentation, that suggest it is helpful in the area of reducing stress and supporting calmness. L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea that is a derivative of glutamic acid a neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps the body to produce other calming amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan and helps bring certain neurotransmitters into better balance. Studies done on L-Theanine showed that dogs reduced stress related behavior problems without adverse effects, and no reported drowsiness; dogs were alert, playful, and calmer then expected given their situations.
• Lecithin is calming to the nervous system. It is a phospholipid that contains Choline and Inositol which help to support brain function and reduce stress.
• B Vitamins help manage stress and help reduce irritability. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) specifically has been shown to affect the central nervous system to help calm and sooth anxious animals. Because Thiamine is not stored in the body, increased activity, stress, illness, or metabolism depletes its levels in the body. Deficiencies cause mental confusion, muscular weakness, muscle spasms, nervousness, and weight and appetite loss during periods of stress.
• Calming for Cats and Dogs does not contain any herbal ingredients (Kava Kava, Valerian, St. John’s wort, etc.) or L-Tryptophan. The ingredients in Calming for Cats and Dogs do not cause side effects, addiction, drowsiness or impair motor skills.
Suggested Usage: As a dietary supplement, follow the recommeded dosage below(safe to double or triple this amount as needed), or as directed by a veterinarian.
Under 25 lbs: Give 1/4 teaspoon, twice daily.
26 - 49 lbs: Give 1/2 teaspoon, twice daily.
50 - 75 lbs: Give 3/4 teaspoon, twice daily.
76 lbs and over: Give 1 teaspoon, twice daily.
A calming support formula recommended for animals exposed to increased environmental stressors.
For animal use only
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)||31.25 mg||*|
|L-Theanine (Suntheanine® brand)||10.56 mg||*|
|Colostrum Calming Complex||5.28 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Inactive Ingredients: cornstarch, glycerin, guar gum, lecithin (from soy), maltodextrin, non-fat milk solids, silicon dioxide, sorbic acid, sucrose, vegetable oil, water.
For over three decades, FoodScience Corporation has been a leader in the research and development of high quality animal health products. Pet Naturals® of Vermont, a division of FSC, produces only the purest, most reliable formulas to "help pets live healthier lives."
The National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) was established to work with the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and the FDA to resolve product regulation issues for companion animals. The NASC seal on Pet Naturals labels guarantees your customers that the product meets the organization's guidelines for quality, integrity and truth in labeling. Dr. Roger Kendall, Pet Naturals Vice President of Research and Development, and Dale Metz, Pet Naturals CEO, are NASC founding members.
As part of the NASC executive team, Mr. Metz is also involved in working with the FDA and the Center of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) to establish new policy guidelines for animal health products. Dr. Kendall is the Chair of the NASC Scientific Advisory Committee. In addition, both have played an instrumental role in the development of the NASC Compliance Plus Program. This program sets guidelines for product labels, adverse event reporting protocols and quality control standards, as well as providing guidance for industry-directed research. At present, the NASC represents 65% of the animal health product manufacturers in the United States.
All raw materials utilized in Pet Naturals products are of the highest quality and are evaluated for purity and potency prior to use. Our research and quality control department is responsible for stringent quality control, and our guaranteed assays are performed with state-of-the-art instrumentation. Best manufacturing procedures are followed at all times to ensure that our exacting standards are consistently met.
The potencies of our products are scientifically formulated to help pets enjoy optimal health and wellness. Active components are carefully combined for the best possible metabolic support. As part of Pet Naturals' product development process, our formulas are professionally evaluated by our Veterinarian Advisory Board to ensure optimal ingredient content and utility. The ingredients we use are guaranteed to conform to the highest standards of quality, purity and potency for maximum utilization by animals. Our labels offer the most readable and complete ingredient listings. We invite you to compare potencies and formulas. Every formulation is developed to work in balanced combination with any and all other Pet Naturals products. Moreover, all Pet Naturals products must pass sophisticated laboratory testing before they are approved for distribution.
Biochemist Roger V. Kendall, Ph.D., VP of Research & Development
Pet Naturals offers the full-time support of a Ph.D. Biochemist with over 30 years of advanced nutritional experience.
Pet Naturals formulas are the result of extensive research and development by Dr. Kendall as well as the collective efforts of our product development team. Our research focuses on the complex relationships that exist among available components that together promote wellness and support health. From these insights, Pet Naturals has been able to create some of the most significant products in the animal industry. Moreover, FoodScience Corporation, our parent company, has conducted extensive research into the exciting properties of N,N-Dimethylglycine (DMG), significantly broadening the boundaries of knowledge about this metabolic intermediate.
Pet Naturals has always utilized feedback from veterinarians in our ongoing mission to improve the efficacy and reliability of our product line. In 2005, the Veterinarian Advisory Board was established to help design new Pet Naturals products for our ever-expanding portfolio and to review existing products.